08 August 2016

Reuse, Re-purpose, or Recreate Experience Article

My favourite part of the green movement is 'up-cycle fashion'. That means taking an article of clothing that is out of fashion or doesn't fit and turn it into something new and wearable. My favorite person to read is the Refashionista blog. She takes lots of different things from second hand shops and turns them into modern, trendy pieces.

The one project that I actually did myself was from this site. I turned a baggy T-shirt into a cute peplum top. I had an XXL Studio C t-shirt that I caught at an event and would never wear. I up-cycled it like in the blog (excepting no zipper and shorter sleeves) and made a shirt that I now wear on a regular basis.

I think up-cycling is a cool trend that I hope more people learn to sew in order to participate. I have another up-cycle project I am excited to attend to once the semester has ended. Turning garbage into new and exciting things is an important part of the green movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment